HOW TO APPLY - Magnetic Lashes with 5mm/7mm Anchors
- Please set aside 30 minutes to get the lashes on perfectly if this is your first time with these lashes.
- Before removing the eyelashes from the box, please read all the instructions below at least once to understand the application process.
- To avoid the "disconnect" between your natural lashes and your falsies, curl your natural lashes using eyelash curlers.
- Start with clean hands. Greasy hands will make it hard to maintain a good grip on the anchors.
- To remove the lashes from the package, separate the magnets from the holder by sticking your nails between the magnet and the holder behind it. This ensures that the magnets don't get pulled off the lashes.
- Like anything small, the bottom pieces are easily lost. Hence we recommend doing the application when sitting down at a table where if they fall, they will fall on the table. Ideally the table would have a bright surface so you can find the bottom pieces in case they fall.
- On the top lashes, trim any band that has no hairs attached that could poke you during wear. Then, position the lashes on your eyes to see how much additional trimming is needed. Using precision scissors, trim the lashes to your eye size. Careful not to cut off any magnets. Both edges of lashes are trimmable.
8. Place the full top lashes on top of your lashes on the corresponding eye. The lashes are curved upwards and the magnets face downwards.
9. Leave it there and take the bottom strip for the inner edge. Find the magnet on the bottom strip; remember when bringing it up that the magnet on the bottom strip should be facing upwards when it magnetizes to the top lash magnet. The lash hairs on the bottom strip are curved upwards. With one hand, position the top lash so that the inner edge of the top lash is aligned with the inner edge of your lashline. Remember that magnetic lashes need to "clip" onto your own natural lashes. On the inner edge, your lashes will be less dense, hence please align the lashes a few mm further in, where there will be more hair to "clip" onto.
10. Bring the bottom strip up until they are close to the top strip magnet but Not close enough for the magnets to attract yet. Holding the bottom strip still, with the other hand, use your finger to gently press the inner corner of the top lash on your eyelid and at the same time slide that inner corner of the lash a few millimeters upwards on your eyelid (away from your lashline) and hold it there. Now, bring the bottom strip “inwards” towards your eye until it is just about to poke your eye but not yet. At the same time, bring that it upwards so that it is touching your lashline underneath your lashes and as close to the lashline as possible (so upwards and inwards with the small strip). The top lash magnet should be far enough from your lashline so that they are not magnetizing. This will allow the bottom strip to be positioned right underneath your lashline (roots of your lashes) without magnetizing to the top lashes before it is in position. Now with the finger that was pressing on and holding the top lash inner corner away from your lashline, slide that corner downward on the eyelid until it reaches the lashline and the two magnetize. This step is helpful to get the lashes to magnetize as close to your lashline as possible. The positioning of the bottom strip close to the lashline and the sliding of the top lash corner on the eyelid down to the lashline are crucial to achieving the perfect lashline fit. Take your time to re-read and practice this step if getting the lashes close to the lashline is important to you. It may help to tilt your head to one side while doing this to get an unobstructed view of the magnets aligning.
11. With the top strip now held by the one corner, repeat this step with the outer corner magnet. Before the outer corner magnetizes in place, make sure the middle section is not sticking up by either gently pulling on the outer corner or by pressing down gently on the middle section before magnetizing the second corner into place.
12. If the middle section still sticks up, try pressing down gently on the middle section to move it into place, or (if you purchased the 3-magnets version) apply the middle magnet before the other corner magnet.
13. Important (for the 3-magnets version): If you experience the "worm in eye" feeling or discomfort with all the 3-magnets connected, we recommend removing the middle bottom piece and wearing the lashes with just the 2 corner pieces. Save the middle piece as spare in case you lose any.
14. If you experience discomfort, one reason could be because your eyelid skin is trapped by the magnet. Gently pull up your eyelids with your fingers while holding down the magnets to release them from the magnets.
15. If the eyelashes are poking you, make sure you followed the trimming instructions described earlier. If you already followed the instructions but they are still poking you in the inner corner, we recommend trimming the band in the inner corner up to the magnet (but do not cut off the inner magnet!) and then applying them closer to the outer edge.
Love your lashes? Then share the love by writing a review on Amazon and get a $5 Gift Card! It's really that simply. Once your review is live, send us a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you your gift card.
share your looks Instagram @lashd.upshare your looks Facebook @lashd.upshare your looks Twitter @lashdup